Thursday, February 24, 2011

For Moms & Girls!


FOR tween girls!

I fell in love with "The Body Book" when I read the phrase on the very first page: “You’re giggling one minute and crying the next.” THIS is a book my girl needs to read! It shares in 'tween-friendly' language what to expect with girl body changes, includes scripture and quizzes…and is funny! It helps girls know they are NORMAL and gives fantastic advice.


For MOMS: "Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl"

My favorite book regarding daughters! I just finished this book and my oldest is 11. Ideally I would have read it when she was 7 or 8. GREAT advice for moms approaching the tween years. Did you know that our kids develop their own values based on what they see, hear and experience between the ages of 6 and 11? What a critical time frame for us to be intentional about teaching them about all kinds of topics because when they hit 12, their values are, for the most part, already established.


2 comments: